Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Warning Label Guide

Warning Label Guide  

Its broken me 
when I needed it most. 
But that is the sad truth 
that this chemical imbalance shows. 

Anxiety and depression show what "love" looks like
and sometimes its disappointing 
when you find out some can't
despite everything.
simply because 
they are scared 
of what we are capable of. 

Only a select few get that its not "help" we seek.
I don't go to people for a "cure" 
to the madness that I find 
deep in the lair of my 
own soul, 
where even brave men fear to tread 
amongst the anxious dragons 
that hiss the fumes 
of self-loathing.  

I hoped that you would be able to handle it,
I warned you all how bad it was, 

and I fear you didn't truly get it
that even though the real "me" 
is what you know
I have a darker side to my coin. 
Its the same face
and sometimes it blurs the truth. 
I myself have only recently 
shook hands with my own personal devils 
and barely made it out alive. 

A word of advice 
to help the struggling adapt 
and learn how to handle themselves. 

Never ever 
ever never 
say 
"I can't deal with it." 

Because we can't deal with it either
and we go to you 
because we find strength and comfort 
from our own self-induced flames 
that fail to warm us 
and keep us cold. 

So next time 
you face a friend
love one 
or a person who makes you smile 
who bears the chemicals 
that burn away the confidence 

Don't shut them off 
for most of their words 
are spewed from fear 
and feeling like they can't escape 
their own hands. 

Let them talk. 
Listen and actually listen 
that its not a switch for us. 
It can't just be turned off. 

Happiness is
to the people with the warning labels 
simply and only is
a privilege  

No comments:

Post a Comment