Friday, January 10, 2014

Returning Glories

Returning Glories 

Of all the faces 
of all who I wished 
a merry little Christmas....

It was those big bright 
autumn eyes that answered. 

Despite the cold winter 
that shined in day, 
talking to you always 
reminds me of being out 
in an autumn noon, 
amongst the changing leaves 
and fading bird songs. 

But I am still in love with 
another and far more recent fall memory
that comforted me in ways 
that sadly outmatched your own. 

But, I do agree with you. 

I miss the complicated simplicity 
that you and I shared. 
You were my first "Yes" 
after all. 

For all we know, you and I are still intertwined. 
I truly don't know 
and don't want to wrap myself up in false hopes 
to protect 
or distract 
me from my current woes. 

I simply don't know. 
And as you know,
I really really don't like not knowing. 

But I guess we'll see
if this wandering soul 
returns to see 
the Glory of days long past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment