Thursday, January 9, 2014

Mom

Mom 

Even when they told you 
I was done before I started, 
you believed in me.
As a still born baby 
brought into the world 
with healthy lungs 
and a frog-like smile. 

Two weeks late 
I greeted you on an Earth Day. 
What happened next was seeing past 
what others had said. 
Having faith in that I was important. 
From tutors with pachyderms
and phone calls of a lone dinosaur 
roaming the playground with just himself. 

You smiled and laugh 
telling others I was okay. 
As I was dealing with high school heartbreak 
and stresses that the coming days started to throw at me
you waited patiently for me to come to you 
as I would be drawn to the safety in your arms. 

You gave me the tools for me to find myself. 
A man of creature fancy 
who’s tools are paper and pen to 
become a god in world only I can see 
and bring them to you and others. 

You taught me to take my pain from this world 
and turn them into my own worlds of creatures and magic. 

Now as I sit in this hospital 
and news dolls on about problems that 
are insignificant or global. 

I hold my tears back
happy to know you are my mom. 
Giving me the strength and support 
to not just be me 
but to give me aid in battling my own imbalanced demons. 


No comments:

Post a Comment