Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 3rd...Your 2nd

January 3rd....Your 2nd 

Its 9:07pm where I am 
alone in my lair 
where the still air is electrified 
by my anger 

Only to be cooled down 
but the sleeping face
 of this morning’s7:07 am 
makes me quell the anger brewing. 

I do not know what the coming hours will bring. 
I fear I will lose a friend or friends. 
But I take this time to enjoy the moments of 
your sleeping face 
for they might be the last I see or hear of you 
in a long long while. 
I’m sorry for my demons 
rattling my cage 
from a poorly placed joke 
to settle your nerves. 

I love you still 
and am horrified that we all played a part 
but one appears to have puppeteer a way into your heart 
by making sure you couldn’t see the truth in mine. 

This is why I always told you to tell the truth
to be honest and not fearful of what would come 
but now in the midsts of the new year dawn
I sit here and think 
“Why did it go so wrong.” 

Because I was scared for you 
scared that I lost my cool 
as an old enemy stirred 
feeding off something that I helped create. 
Turning a light into a blood bathe 
for the piranhas of anxious currents 
eat me alive. 

I didn’t mean what I said. 
I hated that I said them. 
Words have power and I said somethings I really regret. 
I expect that it would be seen by him 
in the comfort of our friendship of old 
that he would understand. 
I thought he always did. 

But apparently I rang a dinner bell
and he jumped the gun. 
Making sure that I took the shot while he showed you the bullet
that brought me down.  

It was a misfired bullet 
a scare amongst feelings 
of how pure and the wanting 
of loving you again. 

I have still not shed a tear. 
Because I have nothing to cry about. 
Not yet. 

I hate how my abandoned state 
let him convince you that it was “okay” 
failing to let you know that even though 
I said that it would be alright “twice” even maybe “three times” 

The rest of the talks where cascades of longing 
of Loving you
of wanting to see that next tomorrow. 
of the life we wanted so badly to live. 

Its true, if I had never left 
we would never had to have face this. 
But we are both twenty two 
and there is so much to do. 

But I hate that you struggle to find your place
and he knows damn well why I gave you space. 
He lied on things 
that i expected to be taken to the grave. 
A code 
a bond
was broken this day. 
He is swine and I await to see him try for a second chance. 

He has maybe three blows against me 
but he didn’t listen 
not one time 
to what I was really saying.

I love you. 

I gave you space because I wanted to be good for you. 
To be what you needed. 
Not for him to sneak in 
and take the girl 
in my tower. 

He failed to see the signs 
that I so read to you. 
You get why he could have not seen them 
but a lot of “love” is seen canceling my 
OK-ness. 

Its 2014. 
 Lets start a fresh. 

Cut the bad blood and give it a rest. 

Sadly though, what he did was really quite vile. 
And its safe to say I will put him on trail. 

For I can not trust him. 
Not now. Or ever again. 

He chose you over me. 

At the end of the day, 
He chose you 

over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment