Monday, January 27, 2014

Wanna Know the Reason

Wanna Know the Reason 

In my time of understanding that I will forever be casted
as that wandering yet hopeless romantic 
the tragic character who sees a world so grand and beautiful 
and in my wake
I try and share the beauty with the select few 
that make me see a sunset 
only too seem their soul 
dance the aura of a twilight glow. 

Many of them 
don't deserve the love. 
They can be callous 
and selfish. 

They worry about the strangest things; 
money 
what will their friends think 
what about work tomorrow

They think of all these things that 
are better left dealt 
for tomorrow. 

They also understand that I 
do play the hopeless romantic 
and sometimes suffocate at the purity of affections 
I give to them. 

But do you wanna know the truth of it 
most of the time
they drive me crazy. 

Their emotions seem pointless at times
where it is easy to see that anger 
fear
and choosing the easier route 
makes things complicated. 

It drives me up the wall. 
Sometimes I want to give up
or give in 
or just leave them without a word 
and return to the world of the road that I know 
oh so sadly well 

But do you wanna know the reason 
why that despite the pain 
the misery
the almost some could call 
torture
of being in love with those that I have fallen so head over heels for? 

Its because at the end of the day 
when all is said and done 
when the last candle flickers into the shadows of night 
and no more words 
can hurt either of us
despite them dwelling like a circulating current 
of reminding of what is said, 

My hands still reach out for them 
for her 
they still reach out 
under the covers 
because regardless of what is said or done 
I still love you 
and my most blissful sleeps 
will always be next to you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment