Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Silly Little Far Away Crushes

Silly Little Far Away Crushes 

So I write this poem 
because for some odd reason
I really really like you. 

I don’t know if its a crush? 

Sometimes it feels like I missed something 
that night we first met 
where the only thing on our minds in that dark room 
was what scene in Lion King were should re-enact. 

I even got your number, 
but I was at the time too shy to call. 
Even though I did once text ya 
to see if you wanted to adventure. 

Over the years, we just only knew of each other. 
Social occasions we would both meet. 
But now I’ve graduated and you went up north. 
I don’t even know how our paths would ever meet again. 

I just want you to know that I really like you. 
Because from the window that I can see 
from a social network of fandoms and news, 
you are one groovy chick 
and I wish we could talk more. 

But I have no idea how to say “Hello” 
to someone who for all I know, 
would never hear me say “good-bye”. 

Because even though my heart will always belong to someone else, 
and you will probably never see this poem, 
I write to get it out there, 
that you 
young lady
are very very 
pretty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment