Sunday, January 19, 2014

Autumn

Autumn 

It was only recently 
As the plight of winter 
Began to recede in a tide 
Of snow and the cold 
That for me 
My heart blooms in the fall of months

Ever since I started my journey 
Of becoming a man 
I find the individuals 
That call 
To my heart 
That is in the midst of 
Preparing to hibernate 
From the winter cold 
In the hope for spring's life giving kiss. 

But as the leaves change from 
My color green 
They turn into vibrant displays 
Of the icy cold touch 
Of the yearly reaper

They appear 
The dryads that plant seeds 
Of romance
Sex 
And most of all 
Love 

Oh how I am lucky 
That the women 
Who I have shared lips 
And passion 
Have all given me strength 
And lessons 
On who and what 
I am. 

Like autumn 
These woman stay with me 
And serve as muses, 
Dancing in my memories 
Showing the good 
The bad 
And the ugly memories 
Of love
And heartbreak. 

So I now live life 
In hope for autumn 
Because as the changing leaves show 
My love could come in the next 
Falling song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment