Thursday, January 9, 2014

Faux

Faux 

As I sit on this couch 
which has embraced my 
broken form to the point 
of a physical imprint 
due to a couches unknowing memory. 

We chat about my recent thoughts 
of climbing the mortal coil prematurely, 
anxious rants about fears I’ve created 
memories of ghosts I turn into literary monsters. 
I realized how closed I was. 

And how I unknowingly knew 
this flood was in me. 

Maybe my fear of falling 
isn’’t from the fall of my body. 
Just knowing how I wonder 
with tempting curiosity 
of the fade-out impact. 

As I reflect on that 
idea that this feeling 
is not some new monster, 
but a living fossil I’ve always carried. 

I wonder who the real me is? 

Is the happy creature of childish ways 
vast unnecessary facts of past worlds 
and an undying love for worlds not of his own 
a fake? a faux? 
A mere and cheap illusion?
A machine my psyche created to contain 
the true me? 

Is my Jekyll the true monster 
and the Hyde a real me trying to break out? 


No comments:

Post a Comment