Sunday, January 19, 2014

That Morning of the Nightingale

That Morning of the Nightingale 

The cool light of a still foreign sun 
Drifted quietly
Into the room that only last week was 
Still yours 
My first thoughts were filled with guilt 
Not because of what happened 
Because I liked it for more than it was. 

You were still asleep 
The golden field of hair 
Gently brushing against my arm. 
You smiled as your slept as 
I moved and you squeezes me closer. 

I had her. 
You have him.

And I basked in your slumber 
I smiled 
But then her face came in. 

Confusion 
Heartache 

I woke you up 
And in a cool voice 
That I am sure showed the panic 
In my eyes. 

To leave. 

Funny thing was..
...I wanted to go with you. 

But now....
Is it regret that I did bugger it at first? 
Is it regret I should have started it then 
Fresh and following my vow 
To be honest with my feelings? 
That I don't know what you are 
But the thought of our time together not be in full 
Makes me feel 
A little lost in the night 
With simply the thought, 
"Should I knock on the door 
And answer her nightingale song?"




No comments:

Post a Comment