Tuesday, January 21, 2014

That Damn Cat

That Damn Cat 

I met you like most strays 
at the set of the sun 
and straight on into the night. 
Just this grinning kitten 
that for some odd reason 
seemed much older than it was. 
You purred and played 
till you outgrew the milk 
and went for stronger stuff. 

You would sometimes wander back 
into the homes that I dwell 
and its always a good time 
seeing you 
and those eyes of yours. 

But sometimes I rub you the wrong way 
and you hiss and bite 
going back to the night 
where you so thrive. 

Its funny to see 
after all these years 
how you've gone home to home 
and frankly 
done your own thing 
in the elegance that you always seem to land on your feet. 

You are that damned cat 

a creature that I feel I will always leave something out for 
because maybe one day you will somehow just wander back in 
just to disappear again into the night when the fire goes low. 

No comments:

Post a Comment