Thursday, January 9, 2014

Voice

Voice 

I heard your voice today. 
That cool crisp sound 
that reminds me 
of a sunny fall day. 
A beautiful reminder of life 
in the form of 
fiery leaves and autumn bird song. 

In these hours of self induced calamity 
where my own voice 
is filled with creeping 
and quite tears. 

You speak his name. 
You speak it like mine. 
Or, more to the point 
you speak it like you used to 
for my own name. 

Like a broken dam 
it advanced deeper 
flooding the civil war 
that is raging in my heart. 

The love that had always protected me. 
That had always, 
even when I neglected it, 
fueled the life and purpose 
for my weary and wandering soul. 

Drowned in those torrents 
produced by the end of that phone call. 
The loudest click of my life 
with the hush of your tone, 
I became what I feared the most. 


A memory to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment