Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bottles

Bottles

Since taking my first breath 
I’ve always been with bottle. 
After leaving the organic teat
I suckled plastic for cool cold milk. 

As childhood steps started to move me forwards, 
bottles changed to match my growth. 
Bottles held fizzy pop for refreshing a summer’s day. 
Bitter and fruity syrups would be poured into me 
if I was under the weather. 
Occasionally, when I shook a bottle 
it would rattle to the sounds of self improvement. 

When I began to be educated away from the nest 
I learned that in the day bottles 
were for sustenance and health 
While at night 
music gives bottles lucid powers  
of buzzed emotions 
adrenaline rushes 
and interconnected pleasures. 

Anything is possible. 

And now is when I realize 
that bottles are powerful 
for they contain the powers to drown you. 

And in my recent blurs 
of a day and night. 
I tremble and sadly yearn 
to pour my escape 
and feel it fill my 
dry throat 
and gag on the 
feeling of everlasting relief 
of a summery May. 


No comments:

Post a Comment