Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fixing Toys and Fighting Monsters

Fixing Toys and Fighting Monsters

Funny how a line about a fictional character and the end of his run 
can be such an impact to reflect on my past. 

The last regeneration I saw the start of a new relationship 
A new life
New Friends 
Everything was new. 

I was taking the steps to evolve from the boy I left home as 
to the man that I am now 
I laugh at the good times 
the bad times
and the purely ugly times 
that my past self had to face. 

As the chin and bow tie glow into new eyes in the TARDIS 
I realize that the Eleventh Hour was mirroring my own life 
in a twist of inspirational understanding. 

I discovered in the ending of a relationship my own box 
that even Pandora would be fearful to open. 
Leading me to see the cracks that even my own monsters 
feared for they knew it would bring not just their own ending 
but my own. 
My own silence. 
Which would mean the end of everything. 

How I lost love and refused to interfere 
hiding on a cloud of nothingness as my heart grew cold 
and a girl came stumbling in 
an impossible girl 
Brought me back down and she confronted 
The Man she Knew from way back when 
The Man who Committed an Act of Extinction 
The Man who grew cold and did his best to forget 

And in that meeting, she brought out the hope 
She helped show this new man who he is
and something that he never he knew 

He finally had a destination. 
And with new eyes 
that have no idea what to do next 
I take my first steps 
at being a brand new me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment