Saturday, January 18, 2014

Speechless

Speechless

I have a gob
Most people know it 
and I know I say it. 
I think its due to 
the fact 
that in my youth 
I didn't talk till I was four
and my first word was my name 
so
I get a little egotistical I think 
when I speak. 

But there is you 
and sure one would think 
that this thing
was because of that
but its not. 
Because I didn't try to make it that. 

But I wasn't lying in the cool 
lights of an subterranean friday 
of celebrations 
amongst the dancing and the 
comforting but warm touch of 
interlocking our fingers 
as you brush gently against my face. 

I still have feeling for her 
but you also make me question it 
always
from that first time I stumbled into your life 
and you into mine. 
I saw your face and those blue eyes 
and I think I fell for you 
right then and there 
unknowingly feeling 
that you were something 
very very important. 

When you speak I listen 
because you leave me speechless. 
I want to talk 
and pour words 
into your ears 
and try and be something. 

But its hard. So very hard 
to reach out to you 
because I fear that you will think 
I'm like all the rest 
and hurt you in the cold. 

I simply don't know 
what you are 
so I listen to you speechless 
because you are this intoxicating beauty 
and I like hearing your tone 
more than my own. 
Even when you yell 
or are angered 
or sad
your voice is pure melody 
and I can feel the ages that 
have been put in your life 
to make it such a beautiful song 
of hard work, struggle, passion, and life. 

I just want to tell you 
how beautiful you are 
and how amazing you are. 

But I walk with you speechless 
because your song 
is hypnotizing 
and I want to hear where comes next. 


No comments:

Post a Comment