Thursday, January 9, 2014

_Untitled Emotion_

_Untitled Emotion_ 

I still can’t believe it happened 
If I was there 
I’d probably deck you. 

You selfishly chose a girl over me. 
Knowing full well even though I was trying 
to move past her, 
I still was madly in love with her. 

There aren’t enough words in my hand 
to write the rage I have for you at times. 

But.......

I detect this odd shimmer.

Is it forgiveness? 
My kindness? 

I don’t know.
I know that my loss will be your greatest mistake. 
Learn your lesson. 
Because the thought of our friendship 
ending because of that act
isn’t how I pictured we would go. 

I imagined alien invasions 
as we are comrades at arms 
with stolen alien weapons 
battling and quoting 
lines from our favorite films. 

I still love the girl.
I don’t know if that woman will ever leave my husking heart. 
And I think you can see from her that she as well has a flame born from my spark
flickering to each other like the traveling ship 
and the safe harboring lighthouse 
in the thick of a dangerous and traumatic storm. 

I should burn you. 
Its what you deserve 
for breaking my already frail trust. 

A woman I love from four months passed and the last kiss before yours 
was our as I left on an airplane to take me to the present. 

She would be there for me when I needed it, 
and you couldn’t out of shame. 

Though you do understand the injustice I am feeling 
and in that understanding 
I think I see the kindness and friendship I can have for you 
again. 

Time will tell 

I guess 

To see if this song of ours will continue.....

....or fade into the background 

No comments:

Post a Comment