Thursday, January 9, 2014

REGEN14

The lines are drawn 
and I can feel 
it trying to prepare 
to lay another all mighty crusade
against the palisade that I built. 

The barricade leaks the shadowy thoughts 
like acid rain 
on my brain. 

Targeting the still scabbing wounds 
that I myself inflicted 
the blindness of fear. 

I am my own weapon 
for I am a sword against myself 
and the shield to protect me 
from...well...
me 

It convulses like a wriggling mass 
of dying decay 
Growing foul with each passing day. 

Knock knock 
it says
behind its 
wolfish grin, 
“Let me out to play” 

I have accepted 
and forgiven 
my anxiety ridden Hyde 
who lurks behind my 
optimistic eyes. 

But I am a beast 
no more. 
I will not let it turn 
me into a 
faux king 
who presides 
over corrupted 
and fleeting memories. 

This is round three. 
For me, 
this is 
“REGEN14” 

So come on 
You monstrous depression 
and ravenous anxiety. 
I know what you are now. 
Come and get me. 

I”m ready for you. 
I’m ready to forgive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment