Thursday, January 9, 2014

Heartbeat

Heartbeat

This morning 
in my uncomfortable mattress, 
I awoke to a rather odd feeling. 
My chest, 
the left breast, 
under unsculpted pecs 
blood 
and bone. 

My heart. 
An organ I long forgot
started to beat 
in its skeletal cage. 

Like a songbird in 
a bay window tea room, 
my body found a 
settling calm. 

Still this light casts 
those terrible shadows of macabre demons. 
But the beat of my heart 
stirs others from the deep dark
recesses of my imaginative mind. 
With each bell toll of 
pulsing red blood: 
Light rises against Dark 
Self truth repels my own anxious lies. 
Everlasting life shields me from never ending death. 

I am not to banish those dark emotions 
for they are as part of me 
as my skin 
skull
and soul. 
But I will control them. 
My heartbeats to 
the sound of me
and reminds me 

I’m not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment