Saturday, January 25, 2014

New York Sound

New York Sound 

I do oddly miss that New York Sound 
of yellow cabs going too fast 
of pedestrians voicing their concerns 
in what some would say the most 
elegant manners. 

I miss those hot sweaty summer sidewalks 
and the crisp cold air of Central Park. 

I miss how the wind would blow through 
the steel constructs
of mankind's dream 
of reaching the heavens. 

I miss the odd shops 
and the food joints that you call your own. 
The comforts of living in compact places
and coming back to a flat 
where your eyes would wait. 

I miss the chatter of the subway 
and the ballads of the tracks against the wheels
as those trying to make it big 
collect dollars and dimes 
for their evening meals. 

I miss the culture of the arts 
and how it was always on display. 

Manhattan was an island of day delights
and evening sins. 

And oddly enough
I think that New York Sound 
makes me view it as kind of a home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment