Thursday, January 9, 2014

Distant Eyes

Distant Eyes 

On a sun drenched afternoon 
comforted in my solidarity 
wrapped in a blanket 
I stumbled upon you. 

You showed up in a update 
on someone else’s page.
The tag was for a bare topped Tuesday. 
And as I looked up on your perfection of curves, 
I saw that smile. 
That florescent grin that
in the day of my own grief
enlightened the hallows of my chest. 
I was nervous to continue up 
for I’m a goner for eyes. 
And like that
I saw those eyes 
frozen in time 
due to a webcam. 

Like a disturbed nest of butterflies 
I wanted to know more 
about this woman from afar 
with flowing crimson of a sunrise
for hair. 

A sign of your page 
in the form of a stag 
showed me a glimmer 
of something I thought I lost. 

I got the courage to tell 
more like remind you, 
how beautiful you are. 

When you left a sentence of unhappiness, 
I gathered a sliver of courage 
to start talking to  you 
and see what could bloom. 

I don’t know what will come of it 
but I do know that 
learning about you, 
you beautiful earth child, 

is a wonderful thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment