Monday, January 27, 2014

The Knot of a Grin

The Knot of a Grin 

It slipped in again
that tug of the neck 
as I wore my green tie
in my palace of childish learning.

She didn't know 
she just found a new game 
as she liked to pull on it 
unknowing of the drug 
she was dripping into my blood. 

It was funny 
because ironically 
I started to view that whole 
"faulty wiring" 
as a child itself. 

Is that why it likes to give it a tug 
now again
because its funny 
despite me saying "no"? 

No harm was done 
and I just went into auto-pilot 
for despite her tugging 
she reminds me why 
I get up 
and teach her and her friends. 

Because every day 
I go to that place 
no matter what mood I am in 
and the children of generations 
don't see me for what I have done 
but what I can do 
in bringing joy into the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment