Thursday, January 23, 2014

Not Fair

Not Fair 

What hurts the most 
is the fact that 
I'm the one 
that needs to stop talking
when it was you 
that did the act. 

I know it takes two to tango 
but in the long run
I'm the one 
that feels like I'm hurt


I'm the one that feels like the monster
that did some unknown act that is worse 
than yours. 

And I hate that I can't talk to her 
because I make her sad 
while you 
come in like some valiant knight
and make her smile. 

Thats what I was doing 
that was what I was meant to do. 
I mean
I loss a friendship with you 
because you couldn't 
stop talking either? 

Did you not value the days of christmas tree battering rams 
late nights in a galaxy far, far, away 
beers in Time Square 
and beach walks by moonlight 
talking about the worlds that 
were far beyond our unknown 

And I feel bad 
that I miss her 
just talking to me. 

Its not fair that you two 
can run and ignore what is done
while I sit here 
still new to the world 
with nothing to really think 
can hold me up 
in the realms of what a "friend" is.

I just hate that all of this 

showed two faces. 
One I wan't surprised to find in her, 
a person who is pained with loving 
and is trying her best 
to be a "good person" 
in world where that is harder to do 
than saying. 

While I see your face now 
that cocky grin 
that hides 
the arrogance and selfishness 
that you think 
that world is constantly against you 
and that you should take nothing for granted. 

If it makes you happy, 

bugger what other people feel. 
You are addicted 
to the pain that you say you don't crave 
and because of it
you lost a friend
and aided 
in breaking two hearts. 

Its just simply not fair 
that I have to the be the man who remembers 
and you are forcing me to be the man 
who wants to so desperately forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment