Thursday, January 9, 2014

Good

Good 

As the self medicated 
and self imposed 
toxic wastes 
that has been thrown down 
into my mind
by a self empowering depression, 
begins to drain out of me
instead of the terrible torrents that once went in me. 

I smile. 

My lungs 
forgotten and youthful relics fill up 
on air charged from what my heart has awakened. 
The spark of hope 
and the light of trust 
in myself again. 

The isolation and 
my volunteered bravery 
has saved my cadaver 
from my own funeral. 
Blood flows in me 
not out of from my own 
cold attempts of harm. 

The war is not over 
but this victory is huge. 

For I still feel it calling to me, 
like a serpent of temptation. 
But through the hiss and whispers of suicide, 
I hear another voice. 

My own voice. 

My true voice. 

And it simply laughs, 

“ALLONS-Y” 

No comments:

Post a Comment