Sunday, January 19, 2014

Crossroads

Crossroads 

As I start to fall asleep 
to enter yet another week at work 
in the lands far from the ones 
that I am familiar to 
I realize that I am in the center 
of a junction in my life. 
If you pardon the cliche' 
I'm at a crossroads. 

My worlds 
the people that walked in my shoes before me
the baby 
the child 
the teenager
the hopeless romantic 
the brooding egotist 
the runner 
the addict 
the drunk 
the author 
the artist 
the director 
the dreamer
the graduate 
the monster 
the wanderer 
the actor 
the teacher
the explorer 

All these people 
all these people who were me 
they got me to this point 
this fixed moment where 
I am now in an environment 
that is square one 
to a whole new board game 

The dice are rolling and I make the steps needed
but I have no idea what perks I will discover
or what hazards I will fall into. 
I will become a man 
by the end of all this. 

I have my demons, I see them dance around me 
as I try to ignore their anxious whispers. 
Friends and feelings turn to ghosts 
haunting me to remember the 
mes that came before me. 
The friends those people made 
and the loves those ones found. 

Its a brave new world ahead 
and tomorrow is another roll of the dice 
for me to turn into what I need to become. 

And frankly, I'm just excited that I am indeed
evolving 
as I take another step 
to leave the crossroads 


1 comment:

  1. I really like this one. I really connected with it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete