Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Glass

Glass 

I sit here 
with a bottle that is nearly empty 
but a glass that is once again full 
simply because you left 
and I try and keep the joy 
of that presence 
knowing that you know 
there 

Its been a while 
and there are only a few I 
view as "worth it" 

Seriously, 
I woo easily 
but there are only a few people on this planet 
in my timeline alone 
that make me feel the way 
that you make me feel 

I hate it

Because I work so hard to try and balance 
the feelings 
of wanting to be your friend 
and being something more 

Which leads me to think of the one 
that is now in the eye of my best friend
who wants to be friend 
but I can't right now 
because the wound still bleeds 
and the only way it will heal 
is with his friendship
but he has made his choice
thinking that because of this distance 
makes is obvious
that he would selfish choose you. 

And then its you 
the first I even thought that far
with that smile 
that makes me way to happy 
after all this time 
and the odd hope that I should expect 
that you come with too much luggage 
at my door for a while 

And then there is the damn cat 
who sometimes just wanders into my thoughts
because of mutual friends 
thinking when all is said and done
we'll always be fore each other

But then again 
there is so much rage
and pain 
that only the liquid of brief relief 
can hold back 

but luckily
the mistress of sleep 
and dreams 
coaxes me to familiar sheets
and warm blankets 
to make me forget 
that this was frankly
all a dream 
with ups and downs 
and tomorrow is again full of possible realities. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment