Friday, January 10, 2014

Fossil

Its funny to think
that people say
"Just forget the past"
"Move on from it"
"Its holding you back"

Especially to me,
Someone's who's whole
passion in life
is to have his hands
deep in the Earth
for old bones
of creatures long past.

My memories are like that too.
Love
Loss
Pain
Joy
Bliss
Self Discovery
The Hard Times

My past is what made me
well...
ME .

Its okay to change
some people need it,
to make for certain
that their past is cleansed
so they can start anew.

I am not saying that I know myself
how to handle the past the best
since mine own haunts me
still
with anxious memories
attempted suicides
and devastating heartbreak.

But the past shouldn't be scary.
It should be like going to a museum
to see old dinosaur bones.
They tower over you as they show your history
and respect and are in awe
that they once existed.

But the moment those old bones
with their toothy maws
and enormous and monstrous strength
rattle their nonexistent lungs
and turn there scarred and terrible faces
at you for looking too long.

Run for the hills,
because one of those monsters
might come out to live again.


No comments:

Post a Comment