Thursday, January 29, 2015

Prayer

Prayer 

In the course of my own personal evolution 
I constantly try and adapt
to thrive
and survive 
in a world where on paper
I shouldn't have made it as far as I have. 

An enigma 
that struggles to learn 
and become something tangible 
with the others known as the "human race". 

In the solitude of the night
when i lay on my couch 
covered in the outside glow 
of neon lights. 

I look into the void
and close my eyes. 

Not guided by religion 
but of spirit

I pray. 

I pray the same thing every night 

and probably will for a long long time. 

I pray that those around me are happy. 

I pray that those around them are happy. 

I pray that despite my flaws

my internal struggles

my external realities 

that I find my place in this world 

and in doing so 

that I have peace of mind 
body
and soul. 

And when I'm done praying
it goes unanswered. 

But I still prayer 
not because of belief 
but because I hope that my questions 
are being heard 
and that life will continue to do what I know it will do. 

Unknowingly shall I walk in the shadows 
so when my prayers are finally answered
I know that its done. 

That I am truly me. 

And that I did it all on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment