Sunday, January 25, 2015

For a Friend

For a Friend


Its a dark hour for you 
and I sit here in a today that will become 
a tomorrow for you. 

I don't know what it will bring 
and I don't know what I can do for you. 

So I sit and write this 
in the awkward way I am. 

Some would consider you were dealt 
with an unlucky hand 
with things that you and we understand. 
But with the cards you got, 
you understand they are the only ones you got. 
And even though some may not see it, 
you cherish them through and through. 

Even though 
I poke fun and make a joke at you or two 
I always have respected
in the man that you continue to become. 

You may not be blood
but you are a brother to me. 
Your struggles will always be in a way my own
for I do care for you 
in the most brotherly way. 

I'm not always there for you 
but I want you to know 
I'm so proud of you
young man. 

You have broken the standard 
of those dealt with the cards you have
you are seeing the world
you are overcoming your own demons 
you have chains on your hands 
but you make them light enough 
to not weigh you down. 

I do not know 
if this random ass poem 
will help 
or seem rude. 

But in this dark hour 
I take a cue from you 
and try to find some sort of laugh
to lessen the time when 
we really shouldn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment