Sunday, January 4, 2015

Faraway Spots

Faraway Spots 

Faraway spots 
drift in and out of my mind  
as I prepare for the minutes
hours, 
and days ahead. 

I think of you. 
and me. 
Nothing really romantic 
but at the same time 
not just a usual friendship  
of doing nothing. 

Just kind of enjoying the presence
that the other brings to 
well to put it bluntly 
the lonely road we accepted reluctantly 
to stroll on. 

My heart wanders 
as I walk among these foreign streets 
thinking of this one and that 
in my own personal quest of desire 
to fill a hole that is long been just a hole. 

But then I get a word of you
a snap of a smile
a moment of your day 
and it infatuates me 
to the point where nothing bad can happen 
as long as I know you are on  
the other side of those invisible lines 
that can connect my written thoughts
to yours. 

I teach 
you create 
I build worlds
and you see beyond ours. 

If there is some kind of inkling of something
that grows 
it is a new one on me 
since the happiness I feel 
when I see that smile 
that carries light despite the 
storms that toss and turn you. 

That albatross smile 
guides me to safe harbor 
for its nice to see 
that I'm not the only one 
lost at sea 
but still knowing that one day 
we'll make it ashore 
to faraway spots 
in this wide wide world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment