Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Vivid Red Line

The Vivid Red Line 

I had 
for the oddest of reasons 
a most vivid dreamscape 
that was all about 
you
and 
I. 

How long has it been 
that your grace, 
those wild fire eyes, 
and the laugh that 
is in the borders 
of merriment and struggle; 
echo deep into my 
dormant and cold veins. 

It wasn't a dream 
that rode on a brief 
but sensual desire 
for the primal flesh 
of what two becoming one. 

It was a re-meeting 
after all these years. 
A rekindling to a flame that 
was believed to have been extinguished long ago 
from the pale moonlight 
of a now distant beach 
all those memories ago. 

You were as stubborn as always
being the damn cat that you are
as you and I ventured 
in our ethereal bodies. 
We talked about the trails 
of life as we kindred warning label children 
try and accept our shocking anxieties 
and almost limiting depressions. 

Your parents suddenly made a scene 
where they smiled at me 
and winked at you 
which made you freak 
and you stole my hat. 

Of all the things 
a dream could turn to be 
it had to mirror our first true meeting 
and how you stole my hat 
which lead me to share my heart. 

As morning started to stir my body to motion 
the world started to end as the vision began to turn 
that you and I were going out into the world beyond 
that lucid house, 
but first we watched a movie 
of science fiction fancy 
sneaking our bodies 
to find each other
 like long lost lovers, 
tracing the scars that have seared into our souls 
since our last kiss. 

Your last words 
as we prepared to meet up with our friends 
was simply holding my hand and smiling 
"The cat wishes to play, and hopes that her dinosaur will join." 

The dreamy words echoed in my head 
as I hurried to be dress 
for another day's labor 
as a teacher of youth 
in a land so far away from her. 

The phrase pleasantly haunted me 
as memories of our time slowly came back 
and I totally couldn't believe 
I honestly forgot 
about that image of a cat and dinosaur 
that is forever entombed in a senior yearbook. 

Should I take this dream as prophecy? 
That maybe this showing that vivid red line 
that is unknowingly tied to the one that matters most 
and eventually will bring you in close? 

Or am I simply have 
pleasant nightmares 
that remind me that my reality 
is colder and lonelier 
than ever 
and all the love and warmth I can find 
is hidden deep 
in the tombs of my memories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment