Saturday, February 22, 2014

Right Now

Right Now 

I sit in cold 
In the shadow of a building 
That shows the finer things of life 
Reflecting about what has happened 
What is happening
And what could happen. 

I smile to the beat 
Of being hooked on a feeling
And hope things go well. 

I miss her. 
I am falling for another her. 
I think of that one. 

I realize here on this block 
I am so young 
As well as old. 

I am this fluxing present 
An egnima to the worlds around me. 

I keep having dreams of your blonde hair and coral lips. 
Nothing that is sexual 
Just being happy with you 
As I learn to accept 
The ghosts of the others 
That dwell in my heart. 

Everyday seems to be another day 
That a part of me peels off 
To reveal some new side of me 
That I try to live with. 

Right now
I think things are changing 
And soon 
Very soon
I will be the one that will be given the 
Choice 
The burden 
The responsibility 
Of making a few choices 
Life altering choices 
A reality. 

With a smile 
And a shiver in the cold 
I look at the starless 
Polluted skies of Korea 
Knowing that above the haze 
There are stars aligning 
Just for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment