Tuesday, February 4, 2014

*The Not Poem About My Life

*The Not Poem About My Life 

I'm twenty two years old 
and so far I've had only twenty two lines. 
I was born smiling 
I grew up fine 
I seen the many faces of humanity  
and I made friends with some of the worst and best of them. 
I have walked on the Earth 
and seen the greatest of sights
from Mt. Fuji to the origins of humanity. 
I have been wandering and wandering 
finding love and happiness 
as well as despair and grief 
with the fading of childhood
and the reality of the horror 
that such an active imagination 
and love for all people 
to write, to sing, to dance, to create 
can do as I am an inventor of out-of-body angels 
and the father of internal nightmares that want nothing better than my eternal silence.
I sit on the never ending quest for balance 
between starlight and blackholes 
unknowing of where line twenty two will end......

No comments:

Post a Comment