Sunday, March 29, 2015

What I Miss

What I Miss 

Its an odd thing 
to miss 
but I miss flying down
from my travels 
and have that exhilarating rush 
in my heart. 

I am a lucky one. 

I am young to this world 
but I've already done so much. 

I've gone to the bottom of the ocean 
swimming among pirate ships 
and encountering creatures 
that will never taste 
the fresh taste of air. 

I've gone to the rim of Lost Worlds 
and see animals unknown to our world problems 
live their lives in herds 
in prides 
and play in the circle of life. 

I've gone to isolated stretches 
of deep rain forests 
and lived in the brief shoes 
tribes men that until recently 
learned what English even sounded like. 

I've met celebrities on whims 
and talented souls 
that continue to inspire me 
to pursue my own passions.  

I have dug into the Earth 
and pulled out the remains 
of titans and beings 
that nothing existing has seen. 

I've created worlds and creatures
and some of them 
achieve life amongst the very things
that inspired them. 

I've battled my own demons 
in ways that some can relate 
while many 
many can not. 

With all of that.

With all I've done in a measly 

twenty three years. 

I miss those flights on planes 
when I was touching down somewhere 
knowing it to be "home" 
and that at the terminal. 

There was someone there. 

Someone with big eyes. 
Someone with a smile. 

Someone with an embrace for me. 

Just for me. 

And it is then that I am humbled. 

Because despite all that I've done. 
She would remind me 
that there will always be more to the world 
for us to explore. 

I miss that feeling.




No comments:

Post a Comment