Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Wall

A Wall 

Sometimes it feels like a wall 
or a missing line that I do not know. 


The worst thing is that its starting to act up 
quite monstrously again. 

The more I feel like I'm behind a wall 
the more the wall becomes a prison 
and I know I am the one that put me there 
but not becomes I'm a villain. 

But if I stay behind that wall enough 
I start to think I am. 

While on the other side of the wall
I can feel free and ready to fly 
but then I notice my feathers aren't as pretty 
as the other fliers. 

My isolation behind the wall 
makes it harder for me to connect 
and then I wish I was behind the comfort of the wall 
and I desperately try and get behind it. 

And when I do 
the cycle begins all over again. 

And in my age, I now just wish 
for a life of in-between 

and not one that is so white and black. 

No comments:

Post a Comment