Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hurricane

Hurricane 

Its odd to think how long ago that was 
but really it was just a blink of an eye. 

The memories of that week 
only come to me when someone 
says "Hurricane" 

I read about it in a comic 
and it made me laugh. 

Honestly, my memories of our love 
are starting to fade from feelings 
to just well
memories. 

I still remember the bad ones, 
but I do my best to remember the good ones. 

The drives around the City of Music 
the lazy afternoons in your room studying 
the cold nights on the beach when a new year would toll. 

Most of all, 
I remember that weekend 
when we tried to fix what we lost. 

If only I had known the truth 
and wasn't so focused on how much it hurt 
I sometimes wonder if you would still be 
that small but big thing in my life. 

Our love was like a hurricane, 
the farther apart we were 
the most destructive we got. 

But in the center of that chaos, 
it was always peaceful with a chance of rain. 

But like most hurricanes, 
these memories are seasonal and eventually fade. 

Their presence only remembered in stories 
and old dusty pictures 
hidden away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment