Sunday, February 22, 2015

Nightmares

Nightmares

My nightmares always seem to be 
about the same thing. 
Over and over again. 

It is I, 
in this present, 
trying to redeem friendships 
that I have lost in the past. 

When I made some of my most 
life changing mistakes, 
the revelations that set me down 
this long and uphill road, 
I take some comfort that they are happy. 

Those magnificent people 
who were the friends
that inspired me to be strong....

I miss them terribly. 

And yes, 
I still do have some of those friends
back in the lands of yester years, 
when I began my journey in this new found life. 

But some memories...
...some moments....
will always make me smile 
while at the same time 
reminds me of a horrible truth. 

That I am a man 
who has committed sins 
and still must work 
on his own self redemption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment