Monday, February 16, 2015

Untitled...

Untitled 

This is corny
rash
and strange.

But I just spent most of my night
talking with just you
in a way like I know you
but at the same time,
I don't.

I selfishly don't care
if you don't think you haven't done much.
To me..you have done so much more
than I ever have
because you lived your life.

You traveled to the now
but it is not hard to see the past
and those whispers of pain
that seem to silently flow out
from that gorgeous grin.

You have eyes that sparkle like stars
but the darkness of this world
is forever visibly haunting.

And that is okay.

It is alright.

I like you because I see all of this
but still want to hang round,
just to see you smile.

As we lay around
talking the night away
about the silly little things,
the scars hurt a little less.

Allowing the weight of caring for others
feel a little lighter.

And most comforting of all
that we are not alone
in our not so secret desire
that we really just want to be left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment