Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I Remember A Dance

I Remember A Dance 

I remember a dance 
from so long ago 
where even though we read lines
to get better grades 

we showed our peers 
the secret 
the taboo of classroom rules 
that we ironically 
and I guess presently 
tragically fell in love. 

The forgotten name 
to that play 
makes me laugh 
for I will remember its story 
of lovers lost 
and then found again 
despite the present lines 
that would keep them truly apart. 

As the lines faded 
as we danced the players songs 
I looked into your eyes 
for our finale kiss 

Those eyes 
those brown eyes that forever remind me 
of crisp fall evenings 
in a wood full of life 
and the mortality of living.

In that twilight memory 
I move my feet 
for I remember how to dance 
sadly without you 

No comments:

Post a Comment