Sunday, March 9, 2014

Station 17

Station 17 

I woke up before the sunrise 
as the embers that kept me warm 
in that dreamland 
that I stumbled into 
constructed by memories of you 
and that rainbow connection we had. 

I don't know where it came from 
but you emerged to me in the dream 
that smile of yours guiding me 
to listen to your words. 

Maybe its all in my head 
and my terrors are trying to hurt my heart 
with giving me hope 
that maybe our story 
isn't quite done. 

I don't know you anymore
but at the same time 
I still feel linked to you 
for my heart sometimes gets heavy 
and I think "she's out on those crossroads again." 

I barely know the new you 
but I feel like I would still love you 
the way I did before. 

In the dream I had with you 
you told me that I was the one still 
but distance keeps ups from each other
as I try and figure my way to sustain 
and you try and figure out who you truly are. 

All I want to do 
is tell you I love you still, 
but I fear it would scare you 
with such a random out of the blue. 

In that waking moment 
between 4:30 in the morning and 5, 
I fell back onto that beach 
that cold December night 
where I got down on my knees 
to tell you 
how truly special you were to me. 

That memory is always so clean 
because whenever I'm sad
I remember that someone like you 
so flawed but perfect at the same time, 
said yes 
to a man who's path is still hidden from view. 

No comments:

Post a Comment