Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Yester Year

Yester Year 


Hard to imagine
that in the yester year 
this was a night full of tears 
fears 
and shadows. 

My only friends where people  
I would eventual hurt 
and only recently find peace with. 

Self loathing demons feasting on scars 
and words fed by people who's unknowing toxicity 
made my temperament of compassion 
a weakness and not a source of strength. 

The coming week during that yester year
saw a shimmer of hope 
in the form of a sudden adventure to see a film so dear 
with two friends who held me up 
when I could barely stand myself. 
That Friday would forge the counting hours 
of an internal struggle between the hard 
and the easy ways 
to cure my recent discovery of the monsters 
in my battered skull. 

In this present though 
I'm still here 
and I will not hide the fact 
that a lot of tears have been shed. 
My heart broke completely, 
twice as a matter of fact, 
as I tried to reestablish myself 

but the story has continued
continues to be my own 
and many days will continue to come. 

That ghost of yester year 
will always haunt me 
but a good ghost story
makes one inch closer
to warm lights. 


No comments:

Post a Comment